Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cyber Solace

* Author Amy Romine writing as Rebecca Gailen from Serenity Lost, eXtasybooks.com, Oct 2010
So I am needing an outlet, and you are it oh vast cyberspace. Why, do I need such an outlet? Well let's just say I find myself in a hell of a mess and those people I usually talk to. I can't. I have a secret. Something only one other person knows, and that is because he was there.

I would assume you are now shaking your head wondering "what the hell am I reading?" Well I can tell you if you have come to witness a horror story in the making you have come to the right place!
Am I being overly dramatic? Definitely!
Do I care? Not really. Well, yes and no.

The truth is...I have silently begged the heavens to grant me this one little wish. I just wanted to see him again. I wanted to know for sure that it wasn't a beautiful dream. That his eyes are a deep blue and his embrace is warm and encompassing. Then...there he was.
I couldn't believe it and it couldn't have been more awful. I was exhausted and reeling from a horrid day filled with decomposing teddy bears and drowned rats (don't ask).
Okay fine, if you MUST know, someone has taken an interest in me. Don't panic! I have spoken to the police and they, specifically Detective Lugow (if you saw him, you would know his name describes his looks perfectly!)stated he is all over it. I didn't want to go see him at all but Charlie insisted, and I did promise him I would talk to the police if things got 'weird'. I will admit we have reached that point.
I finished with Detective Lugow, and I just wanted to go home and sleep. I had to review and sign my statement. Once that was done, I grabbed my jacket and headed out to the waiting area. I took a few steps, and saw him. He looked as shocked as I felt, and I wanted to crumble. It took everything in me to not just completely let go...


I think my brain froze. I could not move from the place I had stopped. My feet were glued to the floor. Just as I am about to lose it, Charlie walks up beside me and says...this is my brother, Eric.


His brother, Eric.


Charlie's brother.

Eric.

I still can't say it aloud, it is too much to comprehend. How could this have happened? Oh my God this man...the image that has gotten me through the past few awful weeks... he is Charlie's brother...and I don't know what to do!


Neither of us has spoken a word of it to anyone. I am trying to forget. To push it out of my mind. It was one night. It shouldn't mean anything. The problem is, it does, and I don't know how to undo that...

So Mr. or Mrs. Cyberspace, which ever you are, you are my new best friend. As long and this secret remains a secret, you are the only one I can talk to. If you have any pull with the powers that be, tell them to cut me a break, okay? A girl can only take so much.

Until next time,


Beccs

No comments:

Post a Comment