Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Character Bites with Lord LeCarde

Vespia-Demon-Hunter-2-Seek-and-Destroy-mockup2 My name is Lord LeCarde. I am a vampire of the highest honor, like my father before me. My lineage is of pure vampire descent and in order to keep it that way I have been chosen to stop the demon hunter, Costa Calabrese, from eradicating my entire line. You will find me in Demon Hunter: The Chosen, the first release in a trilogy of terror from AspenMountainPress.com and author Cynthia Vespia (www.CynthiaVespia.com)

What makes you special?
As I said my line is pure. I’m a direct descendant from vampires of nobility, not some half breed who mixed with a human or took a bite to the neck to join our ranks. Abilities? I have many skills. My strength is unsurpassed, my wit in a class of its own, and my charm outranks the highest of nobles. But if you get me in a rage I assure you that you will never know evil more singularly personified than in the form I shift into.

Tell us about your most current adventure.
I am currently tormenting the hunter of demons in his annals Demon Hunter: The Chosen One (AspenMountainPress.com). Read this excerpt where Costa and his companions stumble on a dinner party I was sharing with my clan. How I hate being interrupted when I’m eating:

If you, Lord LeCarde, could offer advice to your author, what would it be?
My author, Cynthia Vespia, likes to play puppet master. I tend to enjoy doing the same. My advice would be a spin-off series covering my rise to power. Afterall, vampires are all the rage these days.

Are you happy with the way people perceive you?
No. People fear me, they fear my kind, that’s the way it should be. Vampires mixing with humans or other species is strictly forbidden. Humans are for food. They are the weak. Their kind should be eradicated from the earth. And so shall it be…but first the hunter, the chosen one, Costa Calabrese and then the rest of you!

What is the most interesting thing that has happened to you?
My transition into power. I remember fondly the days of my youth when my father would provide me with fresh kill and watch as I drained them of their very life force. As vampires we do not just take the blood and the life but the soul as well for that is where the power lies. But soon it was time I moved into my own, became my own man so-to-speak. I couldn’t very well do that with my father calling the shots. He was Lord of the Manor, he always would be until the day he died. I just made that day come a little sooner than expected.

Share a little bit of the ‘real’ you with our readers. Any Dark secrets?
The real me? I have nothing to hide. I rather like myself very much. A regal vampire enriched with power striking fear into the hearts of men. How could you not enjoy that? I will say this though…I drew up on my first kill. You can’t fault me for it though…it was my father afterall.

What is your most favorite thing to do?
Inflict terror. I never kill my prey without having some fun with them first. It’s a joy to watch their expression change, to feel their pulse race faster as they wait and wonder which will be their last breath. It makes me giddy just to think about. That anticipation before I drain them of their essence is a terrible tease but I love to draw it out. It’s like foreplay for me.

How many sex partners have you had? How many at one time?
My vampire clan are sexual creatures by nature. We rarely engage in sexual activities with a solo partner. It’s so much more fun with an audience…don’t you think? I’ve had maidens, royalty, warriors, and even women of the cloth. If I want you, you’re mine. That is a fact of inevitability no matter how hard you fight it.

Do you think you are a superior being?
But of course. You mere mortals haven’t the brain power to grasp what it is like to be a ruler of darkness. To embody all that I have and all that I am is a true measure of superiority. I shall never grow old and I shall never die (despite the numerous attempts on my life). I am full of grace and wit and charm. I can have any woman at my beck and call. I live a life of luxury with servants doing my bidding on a day-to-day basis. There are no boundaries that I cannot pass, no rules that I must abide by. It is true freedom in every sense of the word…something your kind can never grasp.

What are your opinions on Costa Calabrese?
The poor lad has come into something he knows absolutely nothing about. In a way I almost feel sorry for him…almost. His demon hunting father should’ve prepared him better for the task ahead. Nevertheless I will not sit idly by while this boy tries to destroy my clan. Chosen One or not he will be stopped.

What are the pro’s and con’s to being a vampire?
Cons? What cons? There is no greater honor than being a vampire. Did I not just tell you the sense of freedom that comes from being superior?

How does one become a vampire?
Do you really want to know? Be careful what you wish for…you look like a tasty little treat. As I said before I was born into it. There are many ways to become a vampire: bite on the neck, drinking the blood, and so on. But it should never be entered into lightly. Once a vampire…ALWAYS a vampire. We’re somewhat like your modern day gangs.

Describe your best kill. Why was it the best?
Ah, so many to choose! One in particular sticks out though. Costa’s good friend Tuck, such a sniveling little worm. He cried, he shook, he even wet himself. When it came right down to it he was such an easy prey…almost too easy, until Costa showed up. That’s when the real fun began. Killing off such a gentle soul in front of his best friend was all too delicious.

What kind of abilities do you get when you become a vampire?
They vary. If you’re blessed like me you get them all. Most of the lower class vampires are usually endowed with strength, agility, and intuition the likes a mere mortal could never even dream of obtaining. They are also permitted a limited shape-shifting ability…nothing like mine, however. I have no limits.

What makes being with a vampire the best sexual experience?
For me every soul is different, every life I take on weaves a thousand tales in my mind. I’ve been a thousand men and a million women. Each drop fills me up to the brink until I shatter with ecstasy. For you? Well…if I’ve set my sights on you, you won’t be alive long enough for it to matter.

Can you control when your fangs come out?
Yes, they usually get enhanced when I’m excited.

Do you like synthetic blood?
That would be like asking you if you like wine from a box. Synthetic blood? Whoever heard of such a retched idea! No…you take all the fun out of it that way. The blood has to be pure, warm, direct from a human heart.

Tell us about holy water, garlic and the sun.
I rather like garlic. But the sun and holy water, they sting. That’s all I’m going to admit to.

Do you have to sleep in coffins?
I go where I wish, I do as I please. Sleeping in coffins is a myth weaved from fables of drunken men.

What do you think about the Cullen Clan?
They are the weak. A black mark on the name of the vampire. As soon as I’m finished with the demon hunter…they’re next.

Character Bio:
Lord LeCarde is the main antagonist in DEMON HUNTER: THE CHOSEN ONE
He is a vampire of the highest esteem having been raised in a royal hierarchy that only dines on the finest of human cuisine. In an effort to sustain his quality of life and his clan Lord LeCarde goes in search of “The Chosen One.” Knowing that the son of the greatest hunter of demons that ever lived is intent on destroying his line, Lord LeCarde will do whatever it takes to avert this destruction. Human life has no meaning for him. Inflicting pain, torture, and death is a favorite pastime.

No comments:

Post a Comment