Saturday, December 18, 2010

New kid on the block

Hello everyone
First of all I want to thank Annie and her counterpart, Tamara Hightower for inviting me to join her blog.
My name is Marc Jarrod and I am an author with eXtasy books and its sister company, Devine Destinies.
I have been writing for the last 4 years and I have 4 books with eXtasy and 2 books with DD. I have also contributed to 2 anthologies for eXtasy books.
I love to write in different genres. My first book, titled, One Dangerous Woman, is about a professional hit woman named Charlie Jackson (Charlotte) who has a change of heart after a botched hit. Right before she is about to commit suicide due to the botched hit, she meets Dexter DeWitt. Unbeknownst to Charlie, Dexter is actually a demon from hell, sent by Satan to bring Charlie to the Dark One.
Satan has fallen in love with Charlie. Unfortunately so has Dexter.
The battle begins on who wins out.
This is my favorite of the eXtasy book, mainly because it is the first one I wrote and it has an intriguing plot line.
My latest book released by eXtasy is a holiday erotic romance, titled, A Heavenly Christmas. It is a story about a woman named Carrie Summers who is not a happy person.
Here is a blurb that will best describe the story.

Christmas is not the joyful time it is supposed to be for Carrie Summers. Her marital problems have escalated to the point where three days before Christmas she storms out of the house and goes for a drive to think.
The drive calms her down and she makes up her mind to tell Ryan she’s sorry. On the way home, a broadsiding pickup truck steals her chance to make up with him and tell him her big secret.
When Carrie wakes she finds herself on the other side facing an angel named Jon who tells her of her erring ways. It is too late to make amends, there is no way now…or is there?

(I can't seem to remove the italics, so the following below is my own words, not part of the blurb LOL)

I had mentioned that One Dangerous Woman was my first book. Actually it wasn't. My first actual book was titled Time Eternal--recently changed to Imagine.
It is a time travel story. I submitted it to an epub called, StarDust Press. After some rewrites--actually a lot of rewrites--LOL it finally got accepted. Wouldn't you know it, right in the middle of my book being edited, StarDust went out of business. I thought my writing career was over before it even got started. I have put that book on the back burner to concentrate on other books. I am thinking of reviving it and submitting it to eXtasy.

Anyway, it is great to be hear and looking forward to reading all of your blogs.
I hope to get some photos in these blogs. I am having trouble uploading them. Any help from my fellow bloggers would be appreciated.


3 comments:

  1. Marc, it is a pleasure to have you with us. I can't wait to see how much trouble we can all get into. Big hugs and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm here for, Tamara. BTW, I've read all books regarding your saga. Very powerful work. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you here Marc! Thank you for joining us. Trouble Tamara? Oh well maybe just a little...

    ReplyDelete