Monday, August 23, 2010

Freeways Thoughts....


I think one of the most peaceful places to be at night is an overpass. I know it sounds weird but really it is. Its quiet, except the rhythmic hum of vehicles passing underneath. The lights along the freeway are bright and peaceful. Try it sometime, you will know what I mean...




Anyway I was relaxing on an overpass the other night, thinking about what to do about my parents. After I returned from hiding I found that my parents had settled into the idea of Tarquin and me. What really did it was them meeting Alexia, no one could know her and not think mine and Tarquin's mating was a good idea.


My father still hates Tarquin and my mother still thinks I make EVERYTHING difficult, but at least they don't want to kill Tarquin anymore. So now they have decided to stay for a while, get to know their granddaughter a bit. Great...except they are staying at my house and I am going crazy. I think they might be worse house guests than the werewolves. Or maybe I just have gotten so used to the weres that I don't realize how much they bug me.


So I spend a lot of time here...above the freeway and wondering where the cars are going, what kind of beings are inside. What would it be like to hop on top of one of the cars as it passed and go wherever it was heading. Somewhere where my mother didn't nag me about the dog hair on the carpet and my father didn't grunt disgustingly every time my mate growled at something, which he has been doing a lot lately. I think we both just need a vacation....

No comments:

Post a Comment