Thursday, July 15, 2010

Special Guest Interview with Marina of Wet Glamour



Rina I am Marina, most everyone calls me Rina though. I am a mermaid, one of so few left. My clan is small and all female, thanks to those damn slekies. My story is the third in the Immortal Council series that Courtney Breazile is writing, under the close watch of Zyra, of course. My book can be found at www.extasybooks.com

What makes you special? What differentiates you from your kind? Do you have special abilities?
I am an average mermaid, except in that I have found a mate in another species of immortal. Mermaids look like normal people, when dry. Legs and skin and nothing fishy at all. We are all quite delicately built, and rely on our powers of persuasion. All mermaids have the ability to persuade others to do as we suggest, within certain limits. A very useful tool when dealing with humans, or immortals. We prefer the water, even though we were chased out of it. When wet we are covered head to toe in shining scales, tails when we want them too.

Tell us about your most current adventure.
My story, available July 1st, tells how I ended up on the council, and in Lucas’s arms after swearing I would never go near him again. I had to save my mersister, and I was willing to do anything. Being near Lucas set off every sexual desire I had been denied for the last thirty years. And no amount of persuasion could make me forget it, or deny it.

Tell us a little bit about your author. Where can we find more of their works? And If you could offer your author advice, what would it be?
My author’s website is www.courtneybreazile.com and she spends a lot of time tweeting at www.twitter.com/cbreazile She has many great works at both Extasy Books and Devine Destinies.

If I could offer her some advice it would be: Watch for the fangs behind you, Paxton is anxious to have his story told too.

Are you happy with the way people perceive you?
NO! Stupid humans, and many immortals too, think that mermaids are just sea sluts, luring unsuspecting ships and sea men to their doom. They believe us ditzy and weak…okay well we are weak for immortals, ditzy, maybe a little, some of us anyway. With our high sing-song voices it doesn’t help our reputation much. Hopefully after reading my story they will see that we are definitely not the dumb sea sluts they believed.

Tell us a little bit about your world.
Since leaving the ocean, in fear of what happened to our males, my mersisters and I have lived among the humans. Moving every few years to keep down the suspicions. Living in a house with all my mersisters has been years and years of what I imagine a sorority house would feel like. Fun, crazy, loud and loving.

What kind of music do you listen to?
I enjoy most types of music. A benefit of being alive so long and hearing music as it has changed so much over the years. Every music type has something in it to appreciate.

Is expressing love difficult for you? Why?
It’s actually far too easy.--- When a mermaid comes into contact with their fated mate she can’t help but sing. The love song is undeniable, and so embarrassingly obvious. A very big reason why I didn’t want to be anywhere near Lucas.

Do you ever ask your significant other for advice?
He hates that I am a part of the council, except that he can keep me close. He would prefer to lock me safely away. Thankfully Paxton put his foot down about that right away.

What is your most favorite thing to do?
Besides having sex with my mate? Hmmm….well swimming, definitely swimming.

Do you sing in the shower?
Mermaids sing EVERYWHERE!

Do you think you are a superior being?
Superior to who? Humans, yes, other immortals, no. I think immortals are equal in their superiority to humans but no better than one another.

What kind of abilities do you get when you become a mermaid?
When in mermaid form, tail and all I can move through the water faster than any mortal being out there.

How old are you?
Not as old as my mate, and that is all that matters. A girl likes to be young and beautiful.

Check out the Immortal Counsel Series:

                           


No comments:

Post a Comment