Friday, May 7, 2010

Mothers Day!

Mother's Day soon approaches and my mother Katherine, true Matriarch of my clan lays in stasis recovering her strength. I will spend this human holiday with human friends. Don't get excited! Stacia, Viola and Shamana have been in the "family" for quite some time now, but their hearts still beat.

For me, it is strange that humans need a holiday to honor their mother, father, grandparents or the dog, for that matter. Honoring the ones you love should come naturally and why you need a holiday to remind yourself is beyond my comprehension.

There is not a single day that passes that I do not think of my own mother, and pay her the respect she has commanded from us. Ah! you  say, it is because she is vampire and I am obligated to her. On the contrary, she gave me life and for that, I will be eternally grateful.

I don't have much more to say on this subject, except that perhaps, human priorities are somewhat skewed for only giving mothers one day.

Zyra, I have not forgotten about you. Since we do partake of this human world, my good wishes to you and I hope Alexia has something special planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment