Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Character Bites with Mykyl Tirson

PBates cover masters mistress Tell us about yourself.
Mykyl Tirson, Lord of Woodstown, Ireland. He can be found in Master’s Mistress, the first book in a possible series (still working on that). To Purchase a copy, you can go to this

Buy Link

What makes you special?
I’m the youngest of fourteen children, and the one my father King Tir of Brattlihid wishes had never been born. He’s always detested me, why he gave me Woodstown to lord over.

What differentiates you from your kind?
A deep sense of honor – I care more for my people than the riches that they hold. Do you have special abilities? Not unless you count a silver tongue.

Tell me about your most current adventure.
LOL – My beloved wife has surprised me with the news of another child. We shall see.

If you could offer your author advice, what would it be?
Quit tormenting my wife! The woman has gone through enough, she deserves to have a nice, quiet, relaxing life rather than battles and escapes and plots of revenge…quite frankly, I’d like a little time together to just do nothing but spend our time making love and talking.

Are you happy with the way people perceive you?
I’ve never contemplated such a thing. As the forgotten son I’ve always been easily ignored until I came to this world of beauty. Now, I pray the deities of Vallhala that those around me forget the blood that flows through my veins is tainted by the evil of my father.

Its been so long since I’ve pondered the need for approval. Most of my people are open, accepting and I am grateful for that. Yet, if tomorrow I lost everything but my beloved Amoda, I could be happy. What is in her heart is the most important to me, she loves me freely, accepting the man so few have ever really seen – and knowing the secrets that I cannot share with anyone but her.

Tell us a little bit about your world.
I live in a world rich with culture and vibrance. Lush fields of green roll over hills…giving me more wealth than my plundering ever could have. Its given me a chance to see life, to experience a great deal, including how the people who have claimed me live and worship.

Is expressing love difficult for you?
Gods yes, I’m a warrior, a king…expressing such emotion as love is for the weak, the simpleminded men who have no honor in battle. Of course, my wife is constantly encouraging me to speak my feelings – which I can do in the darkness of our bed.

What is the most interesting thing that has happened to you?
Finding love with Amoda.

Is there a message you want to get across in this interview?
Yes, knowing as I do the strength within my wife and her clans people, I want people to see what I do. As different as we are, as unlikely a match as you’ll find, one must look beyond the surface to see what lies within a person’s soul. Had I judged Amoda so easily I would have missed the true bounty that lays within her breast.

What is your most favorite thing to do?
Beyond holding my wife? I love to hunt. There’s something so exhilarating about chasing the game, stalking it, bringing home the game to share with those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment