Monday, February 1, 2010

Full Moon Fiasco


Saturday night was a full moon and as usually my house was full of unwanted guests. There was an accident. I swear it wasn't on purpose, I would never intentionally harm any of Tarquin's pack, especially one so young. I will tell you my side of this story and you can decide what you think.


I had begun to notice the curious glances from this particular were a long time ago. He was young, no more than twenty, and he seemed to always be looking in my direction when he was about our home. I never mentioned this to Tarquin because he has such a jealous temper I didn't want the young boy to be gutted for no reason.


Well this night I guess he decided he was brave enough to approach me. I was alone in the kitchen when he entered through the open back door. I greeted him as I did all the weres, which is to say I completely ignored him unless absolutely necessary, this saved any of us from making polite and uncomfortable conversation.



He didn't move along though, he stood in the doorway staring at me with brown eyes rimmed in yellow and his golden wolf was perched beside him looking unimpressed. So I stopped what I was doing and asked what he needed. You. Was his reply! I was completely taken aback, what the hell was wrong with this were? He must have a death wish to approach any mated female, let alone the Alpha's mated female!



I politely told him to go back outside before Tarquin decides to put him out. I am not afraid of him, I have seen the way he listens to you, a mere female, a vampire female. He is weak, I will have you and he will be able to do nothing about it.


At this point I was nearly choking on laughter at his stupidity and becoming a bit angry at his he-man attitude. No doubt my eyes were brimmed in red as I contemplated cutting his hide up with the nearby knife. And then the idiot approached me, at this point I think I had every right to kill him, but that's just me.


He approached me and lifted a hand as if he was going to touch me. I don't like to be manhandled, unless I am attracted to the one doing the handling of course. So I gave him a warning shot. I punched out my hand, hitting him right in the throat. He went down with a wheeze and merged. Well now I was facing down an angry were, not a good thing for anyone.


The best option I saw was to hit him over the head, that way neither I, nor Tarquin, had to kill the dumbass. I hit him on the head with my elbow, which is very bruised now, and he went out. Of course our noises brought in a crowd there at the end and everyone saw me attack the were.


I was blamed for "tempting" the young one, or so his parents stated. They were asked to leave, find another pack along with their son, or give their son to Tarquin for execution. They opted to leave, but I am now being blamed by the other weres for this whole horrible affair.




Oh well, I can't help it if I am totally hot.



1 comment:

  1. Zyra, don't feel bad. We are always the ones to get blamed. Just put a smile on your smile, show some fang and keep being yourself. It will all work out, it always does.

    ReplyDelete