Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year, Same Old Me


I am making a New Year's Resolution. I have been around for quite a few of these and have perfected the art of resolution making. I know better than to resolve to deny myself of something that I love, it never works for more than a month, maybe two. I know I can't resolve to do something I don't enjoy doing, it never lasts even a month. I don't need to lose weight or build muscle, I don't feel I am harming the environment, still going green with my red *wink* I am nicer than I should be to my in-laws, after all I haven't killed any of them, and I don't have, nor do I need, a job so working harder at it or attaining a better one just doesn't fit.

Therefore my New Year's Resolution is to love myself more! This is a very good resolution for many reasons I assure you. The most important being, its so easy and there is no doubt that I will be wildly successful at it. I do so enjoy succeeding at everything I set out to do.
Why is it a great New Year's Resolution? Well, how could I not love myself? I am powerful, I am beautiful, and I can bring my man to his knees with a simple look. I am great, therefore I will love myself even more in the coming year. I will strive to be an even better lover of myself, part of this plan already in action with my coming book in February, Blood Visions. What a way to say I love me, a story of my life to share with all of you.

I don't think a more attainable New Year's Resolution was ever made. I know this sounds bit self centered, but come on, I am a Vampire, its kind of in my genetics. Its not that I don't love my family, well my mate and daughter anyway, and I am appreciative of my life and the wonderful things I have. I worry about the environment, more than humans I am sure since I will be around to see it destroyed. I am just not afraid to admit I love myself. I am happy and I hope that you all can feel this way as well, perhaps those of you who don't love yourself this much should make it your New Year's Resolution to love yourself more.
Happy New Year to all of you, I hope it brings success, love and lots of passion. I will do my best to inspire the passion part at the very least.

2 comments:

  1. Zyra, what a wonderful resolution. And you are correct, too often, too many humans deny themselves of what they love. I believe dear friend, that will follow your example in this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More love in the world, always a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete