Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Blog Bites - Necalli


We've got our Fangs in...

Christie Gordon's
Necalli







Tell us about yourself.
My name is Necalli, just Necalli. I can't seem to remember my last name, or if I ever had one. Seems I've grown too old to remember last names. My story is told in a book called, The First Full Moon, a novel written by Christie Gordon. If you like, you can purchase my story at: eXtasy Books Or you can always find it on these things called websites, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Fictionwise, or All Romance eBooks.

What differentiates you from your kind?
I'm not quite sure of exactly what I am. I may be vampire. I may be part werewolf. I may even be demon. But I do know that I am different from everyone else. Everyone except my love, Adam. Adam is everything to me. But about my abilities...I am normal to all who see me, except that my eye teeth are longer than a human's and my nails look similar to a cat or a dog's. I also know that I hear things, strange things that speak to me about how a human is feeling. I can crush them far too easily, too, which scares me more than I want to admit.

Tell us about your most current adventure.
In my story, it tells the tale of how I came to be free of my "chains" and met my lifelong love, Adam Ross. It was in the Gregorian calendar's year of 1930 that this came to be. It was a time of prohibition and rumrunners, of an ocean rich with life and the fishermen who plucked it from the deep waters in what is called the state of California. In the swirling coastal fog of Northern California, around midnight, Adam found me, took me in, and finally gave me all that he is. Let me share with you the moment we first met:

Heat pressed against Adam’s cheek. His eyes fluttered open to an exotic set of light-brown eyes with flecks of gold gazing back at him. “Whoa.” Startling, he clamored to crawl up against the back of the couch, tilting his body up at an angle. The eyes, framed by long, black hair, followed him. “Ah, so you’re awake?”
Sitting on his legs on the floor, the young man continued to study him as if fascinated by everything about him. His hand came up to rest over Adam’s.
He flinched and yanked his hand away. His breath quickened from the contact and his morning erection felt hot.
As if on cue, the young man’s gaze roamed Adam’s chest and rested on his groin.
Feeling self-conscious, he draped his arm over his hips in an attempt to cover himself.
The young man leaned forward. Reaching up with a quizzical gaze, he ran a clawed finger down Adam’s cheek. The touch tingled all the way down into his groin. Why is he touching me like this? And how was it his mere presence aroused him? He melted further into the couch. “Um, do you understand English? Do you speak?”
The young man focused his attention on the hand covering Adam’s groin. Reaching over, he took it, absently brushing Adam’s erection through his trousers.
He gasped, closing his eyes for a second. His hips moved forward ever so slightly with the contact.
The young man pulled Adam’s hand toward him and inspected it. His delicate thumb arced across the top, giving it a light caress. His fingers probed underneath. He held up his other hand, fingers splayed, and examined it as if comparing the two.
An abrupt tug on Adam’s hand made him jerk forward to mere inches in front of the young man’s face. He became mesmerized, lost, in the beautiful eyes. The shape was like the Chinamen he saw in San Francisco, but not as pronounced. Not quite Indian either.
Lifting himself up on his knees, the young man reached his free hand out and cupped Adam’s chin, pushing a thumb into his lower lip. He ran the thumb along the thick flesh of Adam’s lip, moving it gently to the side, before releasing it.
“Ah…” Adam whispered, despite himself.
“Your breath and pulse quicken when I touch you.”
The young man’s voice was soft and smooth, but much lower than Adam expected. It held a soft accent he couldn’t place. “What? No it doesn’t.” Snapping back to reality, he yanked his hand away from him.
The young man grinned, showing long eyeteeth. “I excite you.”
He scoffed, but his face flushed in embarrassment. “You don’t. It’s just normal, that’s all. All guys our age get a morning woody.”
Clear confusion swept over the young man’s face. “A morning woody? What is that?”
“Never mind.” He shoved himself up and climbed to the edge of the couch. That’s enough inspection. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and yawned.
The young man watched his every move with wide eyes.
“So what’s your name anyway? And who are you?”
The young man looked down at the couch cushion for a moment. “My name is…I think it is.” He put a clawed hand to his forehead. “It’s, Necalli, I think.” Dropping his hand, he gazed back up at Adam. “Yes, Necalli.”
Adam leaned toward him. He may have been hurt more than he’d let on up to this point. “You okay? Do you remember anything from last night?”
Necalli gave a slow shake of his head. “Um, no.” He looked into his eyes. “Why are you so different? Why are your hands so strange?”
“My hands? You’re the one with strange hands.” He gestured to Necalli’s mouth. “And your teeth are a little funny, too.”
Reaching up, Necalli fingered his teeth.
He let out an easy chuckle. “What, did you come from another planet or something? What have they been feeding you over on the reservation?”
Hurt spread across the features of Necalli’s face and he sat back, lowering his head and hiding his hands under his thighs. He whispered, “You’re beautiful.”
His heart fluttered with Necalli’s comment, but he ignored it. This kid must have had a hard bump to the head. Leaning forward, he reached his arm out and touched Necalli’s shoulder.
Necalli flinched and drew away.
“Hey, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean nothing by it. I like Indians, actually. I think your whole culture is sort of interesting.”
Necalli kept his head lowered, his voice soft. “I’m not an Indian.”
“Well, what are you then?”
“I, I don’t know. I don’t remember.” Necalli’s gaze drew slowly up to Adam’s face while he kept his hands hidden.
He smirked. “Well, if you don’t remember, how do you know you’re not Indian?” That was a stupid thing to say, Adam. Don’t need to rub it in.
“I know I’m not.” Necalli furrowed his brow as if trying desperately to remember.
“Well, I’ll bet your parents will be looking for you.” He stood from the couch and looked down on the young man.
“No, I don’t have parents.” Necalli’s gaze ran from Adam’s feet up to his face.
Immediate compassion raced through him. This young man was like him, orphaned. “No parents? You’re a little too young to be on your own. Who are you living with?” He raked a hand through his hair. Had the rumrunners taken advantage of his situation?
“No, I’m not young. I’m very old actually.” His gaze slowly swept the room as if taking it all in.
He let out a soft chuckle. “What do you mean, you’re not young. You couldn’t be older than eighteen. Much too young to be hanging around with them rumrunners I found you with.”
In one quick and graceful movement, Necalli darted up to a standing position. “I’m not eighteen.”
He startled. “Jesus. How’d you do that?”
“What?” Necalli tilted his head to look up into his eyes.
“Stand so quickly. You must be pretty athletic. Too bad you’re so short. You’d never play basketball.” He let out a nervous laugh. Necalli must be around five-foot-three, since he was five-ten. This young man puzzled him. “Um, if you’re over eighteen, how old are you?”
“I don’t know. Just old, much older than eighteen.” Bewilderment filtered through his features. “I can’t remember.”
He sighed. Could he believe anything Necalli told him? “So you can’t remember anything, but you’re sure you’re not an Indian, you don’t have parents and you’re much older than eighteen.”
Necalli took a step closer to him, so close their chests almost touched. His inquisitive eyes roamed Adam’s face. “Yes.”
He flushed and stepped backward, not wanting to re-ignite his awkward feelings toward him. “Uh, d-do you remember what you were doing with the rumrunners?”
“Your heart beat has gotten faster.” Necalli stepped close to him again, maintaining eye contact.
Walking backward and turning around, he struggled to steady himself. “I’ll take that as a no.” This young man unnerved him, made him think about things he shouldn’t. He strode over to the kitchen area before facing him again. He looked over the white tiles on his kitchen counter for a moment and returned his attentions to Necalli. “Hey, you hungry?”
Necalli nodded his head.
He gestured to the table. “Well, have a seat and I’ll make some breakfast.” He busied himself with making a pot of coffee and pulling out eggs and bread. He thought for a minute about Necalli’s predicament. “Hey, I heard that sometimes people who’ve lost their memory can get it back if they go to the place where they lost it or something like that. So how about we head over to the beach after breakfast and we’ll see if you remember anything?” He turned around to gauge Necalli’s reply.
Necalli sat at the table, his arms underneath its surface in his lap, eyes still studying him. “All right.”
He let a wide grin spread over his lips. “Uh, I’m Adam, by the way.”

If you could offer one piece of advice to your author, what would it be?
I think I would like to tell Christie to slow down. Savor the people around you as much as possible, for no one stays on this Earth forever.

Are you happy with the way people perceive you?
Yes, I am happy with other's perceptions of me. I think I've done fairly well in adapting to the times and unique culture that is the New America. I've read so much of the world history and it fascinates me. Of course, Adam is the one who's helped me along the most. He is cautious and careful to be sure no one suspects who we really are. And so, we live among you mortals, forever travelling and enjoying each other.

Is expressing love difficult for you?
Expressing love is very easy for me. I was not brought up with the archaic ideals of modern Christianity. In my day, we loved all and we loved often. It didn't matter if you loved a man or woman or even both at the same time, it only mattered that we loved. It did seem to take Adam a bit of, well, coercion for him to come around to my way of thinking.

Share a little bit of the ‘real’ you with us. Any Dark secrets?
Although I'm fairly open with my main love, Adam, there is one thing I keep from him. Mainly, I keep it from him because he tends to get so fussy about these things, but I do love quite freely. In this I mean that I can be and am usually in love with more than one person at a time. It's quite normal in the culture I grew up in and I don't understand, really, why it is so important to only love one at a time in this modern day. Please don't tell him any of this!

What are the pro’s and con’s to being a demon?
Well, the obvious pro is that you can live forever. But also, you feel more, good or bad. This lends itself well to incredible sexual experiences. It can also be a con. When you feel badly about something, it's hundreds of times worse. There is also that little issue of feeding once a month that is still bothersome.

What makes being with a demon the best sexual experience?
We feel everything so much more than a mortal and I have to believe that in itself is a tantalizing experience. But I've also been told that we give off a scent, a pheromone I suppose, that arouses immortals as well.

Tell us, can you control when your fangs come out?
No, my fangs are always visible, which can sometimes lead to some interesting questions and creative answers on my part.

Do you like synthetic blood?
I must admit that I've never tried synthetic blood. Since I only need to feed once a month, I seem to have that part of my life properly under control.

Do you have to sleep in a coffin?
No and I would not for any reason.

What do you think about the Cullen Clan?
I find them very amusing. They sparkle... Edward, though he is a lovely creature to behold, seems a bit daft to me. I can't understand, for the life of me, why he would wait so long to take his love to bed.





2 comments:

  1. Hmm yes, I must agree with the freely loving bit. I always was that way, more recently with the mating to Tarquin I have not felt the urge to stray as I usually did.

    And about Edward: it baffles me as well, why on earth he would not take from his love what was so freely offered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the sparkling has affected his hormones?

    ReplyDelete