Friday, March 5, 2010

Character Bites- Alexia



We’ve got our Fangs in
Courtney Breazile's
Alexia






Tell us about yourself:
I am the only one of my species, that we know of. My father is Tarquin, werewolf, and my mother is Zyra, vampire. I call myself a werepire and I am beginning to accept myself, with the help of Ian, my werewolf love. Mine is the second story in The Immortal Council series that my mother has convinced the wonderful writer Courtney Breazile to put out for us. I thought she was crazy at first, but now I am excited to see my story out. It will be available April 15th from http://www.devinedestinies.com/ Physically I am tall and small, red/brown hair, one brown eye that turns yellow when I am angry and one blue eye that turns red when angry. It totally freaks people and immortals out.



What makes you special?
I am the only one of my kind, the only werepire in existence, that anyone around here knows of anyway. I have abilities of both vamps and weres, my vamp half is stronger, which I appreciate. My were half allows me to spend limited time in the sunlight each day, which allowed me to attend school, college with humans. Something my mother absolutely hated. I only ever wanted to be human, everyone, vamp and were, hated me.

Do you have special abilities?
I am fast, I am strong, and I can shift to a svelte version of a were.

Share with us your most current adventure:
My story, Keeping Blood, is about how I saved my parents from the insane animal elf Lillian and met my mate, Ian. Lillian, as all animal elves, is obsessed with balance and apparently my parents being together, as different species, was a major disruption in the balance of nature, to her. She imprisoned them and wanted to kill them for their mating. Unfortunately I was forced to enlist the aid of not only Ian, who I was not digging at the time, but also Paxton, a vamp in town who I knew had some kind of fond feelings for my mother. You'll have to read the book to get all the juicy details.

If you could share advice with your author, what would it be?
I would tell her to not let my mother boss her around too much, and make sure she keeps a favorable spin on the vamps in all the species stories to come.

Are you happy with the way people perceive you?
I was always seen as a horror, a mistake and a thing to be feared. Now, it is much the same, but at least as I sit on the Council of Immortals, I am in a position of power. It helps.

What other characters have influenced you?
I was greatly influenced by Ian and Paxton, in very different ways as you will see. They drove me to do things I never would have agreed to otherwise.

Share a little bit about the "real" you with our readers, any dark secrets?
I never liked drinking blood until Ian, now I can't get enough of him...and his blood.

What motivates you to continue on these adventures?
I want to see the immortal races standing together, apart we are so weak and at the mercy of you insanely dangerous humans.

What is your most favorite thing to do?
Pretend I am normal, human and nothing special.

Have you ever lost control?
No, I could never afford to be not in control. My control was the only thing that got me through, until Ian.

What are your thoughts about your mother and her presence on the Internet?
I just smile and nod, she is such a strong woman. If I tried to stop her from doing anything it would only drive her to do it more! I watch her, and it, carefully. As a member of the council I feel it is my duty to keep tabs on her activities that could prove to be a danger to our kind. But I love her, and want her to be happy. The Internet keeps her busy, which is a good thing for the rest of us.

What are the pro's and con's to being a werepire?
Mostly there are cons. I was hated, I was despised really, growing up. On my first turning, well that is a horror story you will read in my book *shivers* I don't fit anywhere, never have and never will.

Pros, I don't have to change on the full moon, I don't have to drink blood, and I can stand some sunlight. I am strong and fast, which is what kept me alive for so long.

How does one become a werepire?
Born of a vamp and a were, its the only way. I suppose if Ian and I ever have children they will be the same, werepires although more were than vamp I assume. Will be interesting to see, if we ever decide to have children.

Describe your best kill:
I don't enjoy killing. It is necessary and some deserve it, but I can't say I find it enjoyable at all.

What kind of abilities do you get when you become a were?
I have heightened senses as a were, and I am faster.

What makes being with a werepire such a great sexual experience?
*smiles* I can do it in the sun, and take your vein. Nothing better than that I'd say, best of both worlds.

Does merging hurt?
No when I merge with my wolf counterpart it is a smooth transition, never painful.

Have you ever had a flea bath?
Hmmm rude question!

Is silver dangerous to you? Or Garlic?
Garlic no, Silver when I am merged yes but not when I am split from my wolf counterpart.

Do you shed a lot?
Not as much as Ian. My fur is silky and short, I stay more human looking than a full were when merged.

What do you think of the Quilete pack?
*looks around* Don't tell Ian but I think that Jacob kid is hot hot hot. Rawer baby.


Thank you for sharing all of that with us.

2 comments:

  1. Zyra, she certainly takes after you! You must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I am quite proud of the woman she has become. I just wish I was able to make things easier for her.

    ReplyDelete