Monday, November 15, 2010

Dishonest Humans...


I am salivating, fangs extended and aching to go tear a few throats out. My author contacted me, very upset about finding TWO of her books, my stories, up on illegal downloading sites. I know we have crossed this subject before, but I feel it is important enough to repeat.

If you don't pay for it, don't download it! There are plenty of legitimate stories out there for free. If you want to try my author, for example, there is a free story of hers here: http://www.oystersandchocolate.com/Stories/2048/SallysDemon.aspx

Lots of sites will let you read free erotica stories, and lots of authors offer stories on their own sites and blogs. But if you are going into a database of a zillion books and downloading a story that has no link or representation to the author, come on people! That is stealing!

Now I assured my author that I wouldn't do anything more than this, even though its very hard not to. I think if it happens again she will give me the go ahead to take matters into my own hands. I will pay some middle of the night visits to the idiots who run these sites.

If people were more honest then this wouldn't be an issue, but people don't seem to be honest enough when they have the anonymity of the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment